The Link Between Migraine Pain Relief and Laser Treatments
Headache and Migraine: The Basics
“Migraine and other types of headaches, such as tension headache and sinus headache, are painful. Migraine symptoms include a pounding headache, nausea, vomiting, and light sensitivity and are treated with antinausea drugs and abortive or preventive medications.
Headaches can be more complicated than most people realize. Different kinds can have their own set of symptoms, happen for unique reasons, and need different kinds of treatment. Once you know the type of headache you have, you and your doctor can find the treatment that’s most likely to help and even try to prevent them.
There are 150 different types of headaches!” (WebMD). Of all these headache types, migraines are the ones most commonly complained about at doctor visits and are among the most prevalent type of headaches. Treatments vary but usually involve pain medication or some sort of therapy to help relieve sinus pressure, tight muscles, or other triggers that may be causing the headache.
Our Center is proud to be on the cutting edge of medical innovation and technology by being the only medical facility in the Chicago area offering Class IV Robotic MLS and HILT Laser Therapy for the treatment of headaches, including migraines.
What We Know About Migraine
- Most of our patients who complain about severe migraines and reoccurring headaches have had some sort of prior injury to their neck, back, or head.
- Injuries to the spinal cord area can come from work, sports, childhood injuries, slip and falls, or repetition injuries and can lead to more frequent and severe headaches.
- Whiplash strains tend to be the most common single injury that leads to migraines and worsening headaches, even years after the initial injury was sustained.
- It takes several years for the inflammation and swelling of a severe neck injury, to spread throughout the head and scalp area and trigger severe migraine symptoms.
- Tightness in the neck pinches nerves and damages tissue that can cause pain to radiate through the neck and head and intensify migraine flareups.
- For people suffering from chronic headaches, the cause is often serve chronic inflammation or severe damage to nerves in the head and neck region.
- Here at the Pain Relief Institute, we have had great success with MLS and HILT Laser Therapy at treating a wide range of migraine symptoms in many of our patients.
Migraines and the Most Common Symptoms
The symptoms of migraine can include any number of the following and they can occur one at time, several at a time, and in any combination:
- Moderate to severe pain that is commonly described as throbbing
- Headache that makes movement difficult
- Sensitivity to light, noise, or strong odors
- Blurred vision and an inability to remained focused
- Nausea, stomach upset, vomiting, constipation, or diarrhea
- Loss of appetite and aversion to food
- Sensations of being overly hot or cold during the worst of the headache
- Paleness, sweats, and shivers
- Sleepiness, fatigue, and dizziness
- Fever in very rare cases though one may feel like he or she has a fever
- Bright lights, dots of light, flashes, blind spots, wavy or jagged lines, and in-vision aura
Temporary Relief is All Traditional Migraine Treatments Offer
Many of our patients come to us desperate for relief from their migraines as they have tried all the traditional treatments and get nothing more then partial temporary relief. The worse part of this is that getting this minor relief involves the use of prescription medications which often carry harmful side effects with them. Pain medications can mask the symptoms of migraine pain, but they are not doing a thing to address the underlying cause of the pain in the first place, which is why most of the traditional approaches to migraine care end up failing their patients. “There has to be a better way” is the phrase we hear often from new patients, and the good news is that yes, there is a much better way to treat migraines and other severe headaches and actually get full lasting relief!
MLS and HILT Laser Therapy
When it comes to addressing the chronic pain of migraines, the newest advancement in treatment and management involves the use of laser light. Laser therapy is a therapeutic treatment that uses light energy (photons) for tissue healing and pain reduction. The light energy penetrates deeply into damaged cells and stimulates cellular activity. As a result of exposure to the laser, the cells of tendons, ligaments, and muscles repair themselves.
Light energy enters damaged cells and stimulated inter-cellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells. Once the cells recover, the healing process is complete, and this is how MLS and HILT Laser Therapy is changing the way the medical industry looks at treating chronic pain associated with migraines and many other conditions.
To learn more about our MLS and HILT Laser Therapy options and what they can do for you, give us a call today and let the friendly and knowledgeable staff of the Pain Relief Institute help you find the answers to your questions and discover for yourself the link between migraine pain relief and laser treatments.